Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Catherine

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I have been dating a woman named Catherine. We have been going out for about a month now. She is great. We have spent every Saturday and Sunday together since our first date. Our schedules during the week make it pretty tough to spend much time together during the week so we spend virtually every waking moment together on the weekends. I couldn't ask for more.

She is so cute. Her English isn't great so we find ourselves in plenty of silly situations. We try our hardest to communicate our feelings, but sometimes it just breaks down into a frustrating and funny scene. She is from Myanmar (Burma). She came to Taiwan to study. She has a degree in physics from a university in her home country and came here for an additional degree in Anthropology...a smart cookie!

I met her originally just a few days after I arrived in Taiwan. She works at the store located in the same building as the hostel I stayed at for the first few months of my time here. Funny thing is I told the owner of the hostel that I thought she was great and wanted to get to know her better after meeting her for the first time...about 18 months ago...ok, I'm a slow mover! After much hemming and hawing, I finally got the nerve up a few weeks back to ask her out on a date, she excitedly accepted...good stuff.

My time with her has been a lot of fun. We have gone to several good restaurants, attended a few parties, and watched to a couple of movies...standard date stuff. I have a book that contains about 30 day trips in and around Taipei. We have decided that once the weather breaks we are going to try to do one trip each weekend. Neither one of us has done enough sight-seeing, so it's time to start trekking around this little island.

Teacher David has a new student. Catherine really wants to improve her English...she couldn't have a better teacher (currently pounding my chest!)....lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. I'm really happy for you both David. She's a lovely girl. John and I enjoyed our time with you the other night and we hope there are more double dates in the future! ;-)

Unknown said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I'm really happy for you!!!!!


This is wonderful news!!!!!

(The blog itself looks really nice. I'm impressed!!!)