Saturday, March 31, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Teacher Carrie & Teacher John are no longer working at my school. Their last days were this past week. This means that I am now the only teacher there with more than one month's experience!...yikes.

My schedule has taken a turn for the crazy. I now have 5 of my own classes and a gaggle of other things to do. I have spent the past week trying to prepare for the madness. I do my best to work ahead in order to avoid a last minute panic...I am famous for my ranting & raving prior to class times. I have been preparing every handout/worksheet that I can think of. No matter how much i do, I know that there will be plenty of things that I will forget.

Along with the increased workload, I will be responsible for the the newbies and their progress. I have to make myself available to them. They will surely have tons of questions and issues that I will have to patiently answer/solve for them. I have never been too good at training. This may be the toughest part of my current situation.

On a lighter note. I am in the planning stages of a picture/interview series involving many of the kids I teach at the school. I am going to pick some of the shining stars and allow you all to get to know them better. It should be lots of fun.

No comments: