Thursday, June 15, 2006

Why Did It Take Me 15 Years To Figure This Out?

I've spent the past 15 years twisting in the wind. I was never sure what I wanted to do so I bounced from job-to-job and city-to-city without ever really finding my niche. It started in college. I had a hard time deciding on what I wanted to study. I finally settled on what I truly love, political science. I loved studying poli-sci, but I always knew it would be very difficult to bring home the bacon with a liberal arts degree. I was right. I am yet to utilize my blinding knowledge of politics in way that is profitable. In the back of my mind, I always thought teaching was a possibility. Once I finished college the thought of going back to school to become a teacher was unappealing. Instead, I set upon a long road of meaningless, mind-numbing jobs. That is until about 2 years ago. Peace Corps was my chance to dabble a bit in teaching. Working with the folks in my village in Honduras was great. The crazy little English class that I had in Santa Lucia del Real, Honduras changed my life.

Teaching is what I should've been doing all along, I kick butt!

No comments: