Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Objects In The Mirror Are Larger Than They Appear

Isn't that what it says on the side mirrors of most cars? It's also a principle that is far too ignored in this country. People here generally have a hard time getting past things that aren't THAT big of a deal. For example, a few weeks ago I had an awful class. It was my Saturday, 2-hour gig. Sandy co-teaches the class with me and she is pretty intense. Anyhow, I changed my game-plan at the last minute for this particular class and it didn't work. I ended up running out of time and didn't get to all the material I should have. Since that class, every time I discuss the class with Sandy, she reminds me not to fall behind again...ugh. It happened one freaking time! I have kicked butt in this class and she seems to be obsessing on that one little bump in the road.

Sandy isn't the only person guilty of this. My boss, Carol, is famous for her harping on the most miniscule problems. I know that is the job of a boss, but come on, get over it. Yet another cultural conundrum.

No comments: