Wednesday, June 28, 2006

G-Men & Schedule Changes

Recently, the government has been fiddling around with the foreign teachers rules/laws. As of last month, they are no longer going to allow any foreign teachers to work more than 32 hours per week. This means that my boss is gonna have to reconfigure our schedules to meet with the new law. We currently work somewhere between 30-35 hours per week, when you figure in our office time. Looks like we may have to cut down on our desk time which is cool because it's really not necessary for us to be there so much. I typically teach about 15-18 hours per week. We spend about half of the "office/desk" time messing around and doing absolutely nothing. I find I spend a lot of money during work hours because we venture out often to the local shops. Perhaps a stream-lined schedule will save me money...lol.

Changes like this one will surely have an impact on my upcoming contract negotiations, but that's a whole 'nother post for a whole 'nother day...

No comments: