Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Revolutionary War...Redux!

Scott, the crazy British guy I work with, has once again brought on the practical joke war. This has been going on for about 18 months and it's starting to heat up again...

He has a really twisted sense of humor. I lay the blame squarely on his homeland...lol. Recently he has been having fun with tape. Last week, I had to teach at our satellite school for the entire day. In my absence, Scott saw fit to commandeer the office clear tape dispenser and tape one of my class folders shut, tape down the cap on my iced tea, and tape a "poo boy" label on my tape recorder. Also, I discovered the label "gay cream" on my bottle of hand cream. Juvenile as can be, but pretty darn funny.

This scene kicked in my revenge mode. The following day, I decided to exact my revenge...

Scott drinks lots of coffee. He keeps a little box full of instant coffee packets on his desk. I decided that this was going to be the center of the action. I grabbed the stapler and proceeded to staple the packets to the side of the box, making it impossible for Scott to drink his precious java without taking apart the box. While I was stapling, the owners of the school were looking on and laughing hysterically. They know that there has been a long-standing war of silliness going on and they think it's fun.

Later that evening he finally reached for a packet and jerked the whole box into the air. It took him a few moments to figure it out. Meanwhile, we were laughing like 9 years olds...lol. Just hearing him grumble was priceless.

These exchanges are too much fun. He is a worthy adversary.

The latest installment came tonight. I was working at my desk when Scott ran up from the 4th floor and hollered at me to come with him. There was something I had to see downstairs. I put down all the papers that I was furiously shuffling and sped downstairs with him. On the way down he was acting like he saw an image of Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich...giddy. Shortly we arrived in the bathroom on the 4th floor. Scott pointed down towards the toilet and exclaimed "check it out! someone took a poo and didn't flush, look at that thing!"...lol

Needless to say, I nearly punched him. I turned around and marched back to my desk. I was dumbfounded. I can't believe that nut case pulled me away from my desk to look at someone's log. This little incident will not be forgotten. He thought it was so great that he told a bunch of other folks in the office about the scene...the shame!

It's an England vs. U.S.A. thing. Not sure how I can top his latest goofiness, but you can be sure I'll do my best.

No comments: