Thursday, February 01, 2007

Return to Normal...sorta

I have been back at work and life here in Taipei for about 4 days now. For some strange reason I have not been feeling good. Not outright sick, but not 100% either. I am beginning to think I may have picked something up while trapped in that airtight flying germ incubator we call an airplane. 14 hours of enclosed bodily functions may be why I feel so iffy. Body aches and lack of energy are my symptoms...not fun.

It has been great to see my kids again. It's awesome to know so many kids think so highly of me. The mood in my classes this week has been silly. It's been tough getting back into the swing of things but the attitude of the kids makes it much easier. This week has tested my ability to improvise and adjust things on the spot...I think I have done alright.

The steady stream of American candy has lightened things up and the kids have been digging it big time. Little do these kids know that I enjoy the junk food as much as they do...lol

I mentioned before that I would give a run-down of my stash...check it out:
(remember, I had to stuff all of this stuff in my bags along with clothing, books, my computer, etc.)

*countless bags of Hershey's Kisses, Nestle's Crunch Bars, and M&M's
*gazillions of Reese's Cups
*Pez, along with a giant bag of refills
*Twizzlers
*Juicy Fruit gum
*York Peppermint Patties
*Hershey's Nuggets...truffles...insanely tasty!
*Junior Mints
*Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavored candies
*Hershey bars and 3 Musketeers
*Smarties candy necklaces
*10 boxes of Quaker instant oatmeal (these are for me)
*8 bags of Lipton Pasta Sides (again, for me)
*a 500-count bottle of Ibuprofen (not liking the pain-relievers here)
*a 250-count bottle of Aleve (a wonder drug)

These are all things I HAD to have...lol.

No comments: