Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Name is Earl (check out the video on the right)

I was in tears...

I recently watched the first season of My Name is Earl. My co-worker, Carrie, has the box set. I haven't laughed so hard in a loooong time! In case some of you aren't in the know, it's a sitcom on NBC. The show revolves around a guy trying to turn his life around. He has done lots of bad things and he is now trying to make up for his transgressions by helping those he has hurt. Each episode he sets out to correct a nasty thing he did in the past. The characters are trailer park & motel residents...not the most upstanding folks on the planet. The pathetic lives the characters lead are hysterical.

I am really impressed with the writing, it's sharp. If the Coen Brothers were to make a TV show, it would be something like this.

I added a video clip from the show to the blog. It's the one on the top of the video column.

Here is a typical comment made by Earl's ex-wife:

''You know they say mosquitoes in Africa kill people. Can you imagine the size those things gotta be?''

huh?...lol

No comments: