Thursday, July 13, 2006

Paradise Postponed & Coins To Cameras

I have a weeks vacation next week and I was planning to go to Bangkok for 3 or 4 days. Well, I waited too long to book a flight and it's just too expensive to do now. Common sense won't allow me to pay a ridiculously inflated ticket price. This month is a very popular travel time in this part of the world so the airlines jack up the prices. I have some flexibility at work so I am gonna go to Thailand next month, the plane ticket for next month is nearly half as much as the one for next week. No worries, it gives me more time to plan and save some more money. I bought the Lonely Planet guide to Bangkok today, what an incredible place.

For the past 8 months or so, I have been throwing all of my coins in a jar at the end of the day. My goal was to eventually buy a digital camera with the stash. The jar filled up much quicker than I had anticipated and I think I am going to buy a camera this week. I already have a digital camera, but it's a huge, clumsy thing that's impossible to take with me when I am on the move. The one I want to buy is about as big as a deck of playing cards and has a ton of cool functions. I want it primarily because of its portability. We'll see, I'm usually pretty cautious when it comes to buying big-ticket items. My impulsive side is geared towards the millions of little things that I buy...lol.

No comments: