Friday, July 21, 2006

New Siam II & Feeling Like a Local

I'm all set for Bangkok next month! I just got my confirmation from the hotel and everything is in order. I will be arriving on August 18th and leaving on the 21st. Not the longest vacation, but I've been told 3 or 4 days at a time in BKK is just about right. I'm really pumped about this trip. I hope this is the first of many adventures in Southeast Asia.

Was running around town today and it dawned on me that I have been here nearly a year...crazy. I stopped at the old hostel to say hello to Raul & Margos. They were doing great, as usual. The place was hopping with new arrivals that had a million and one questions. The fact that I was able to answer virtually all of them was an indication that I truly am getting the hang of living here. I felt like I was an employee of the Taipei Chamber of Commerce...lol.

Catherine, the cutie that works at the store in the same building as the hostel, was working today. She is very cute and has a fun disposition. She is Burmese, I think. Her & I were talking and she mentioned she'd like me to share some of my music with her. She has an Ipod too and needs some more tunes...that's me, Mr. Music...lol. She gave me her email and I'm gonna send her a bunch of good stuff, along with an invitation to dinner...

No comments: