Friday, October 27, 2006

My O.C.D.

My trip to the U.S. is about two-and-a-half months away, and I am already starting to put stuff together for the trip. I suffer from a mild case of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). It's not something that keeps me from functioning normally. I just tend to organize things a bit too much. I like to try to work out all of the kinks in things well in advance.

The most obvious indication of my compulsion is when I am working with numbers. Here in Taiwan there is a store receipt lottery that works with an eight digit number. I have spent countless hours aligning the numbers and keeping them ordered. I think if I just threw them in a drawer without putting them in some sort of order, I would go crazy. Thankfully, I have had moderate success winning so the time spent isn't a total waste...lol.

Right now I am frantically trying to put together the flights for my trip home. Thus far I have completed the arrangements for the Taipei to L.A. leg of the trip. This leaves me with the L.A. to Vegas, Vegas to Cleveland roundtrip, and Vegas to L.A. legs. Yes, I am going to be taking 6 flights in total...ugh. I think I have the flights I want picked out, just have to arrange to get the money home so that I can pay for them.

As long as I am not causing undue to harm to others, allow me to feed this compulsion of mine. It's pretty silly, but I've been known to exhibit such behavior on a regular basis...lol.

No comments: