Friday, October 13, 2006

Headed For Competition

A few days ago my boss asked me if I would coach one of the students in our school for a big speech competition coming up next month. She said I could pick one of my students to represent the school in the city-wide contest. I, of course, chose Sandra. If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know all about Sandra. She is a wonderful kid who excels at everything she does. My boss called her mom the other day to ask her if Sandra was able to do it, she is very busy. I am waiting on the return phone call...keeping my fingers crossed.

What makes this situation extra special is my boss told me that she has never asked a foreign teacher to be the coach for this competition before. She was really excited when I accepted. This should be a cool experience. I hope Sandra has the time.

It's a 3 minute speech. The folks that put it together gave us a list of 5 or 6 topics to choose from. As much as I'd like to pick the topic, I'm gonna let Sandra do that...lol. I am confident that she will do well. As many of you know, during my college years I considered pursuing a career in speech writing...this competition should be fun

No comments: