Thursday, October 19, 2006

Holiday in the US & Cat Issues

I talked to my mom last night. We discussed the possibility of a visit home. Mom has been prepping the house for sale. We both agreed that it would be a good idea for me to come home before she sells the house. I need to get the stuff I have there organized and ready to be stored. Seeing the family would be great, too.

One reason I need to go home is a very somber one, I have to figure out what to do with T-Bone & Bubba, my cats. Mom can't take the cats with her. I have had T-Bone for about 14 years...he is an old guy. T has been a wonderful little buddy and I think he is just too old to make a major life change. I'm afraid it's time to consider putting him down. He has lived a long, good life. Mom says that he has slowed down considerably these past few months, and the winter is coming. He spends the majority of his time outside. As much as it pains me to do it, it's probably the most compassionate thing to do. He has been a big part of my life for a long time... Bubba is a different story. He is only a few years old and is far too silly to let go. Bubba is one of the most unique animals I've ever seen. I'm gonna have to come up with a way to get someone to tend to him until I can return home for good. So, as you can see, dealing with this issue won't be easy.

Paying for the airfare home is not fun. I've been shopping prices...about $1300 is the norm...yuck. That's a big chunk of cash. I am going to spend the next few weeks doing some serious fare searching. I hope to get home sometime in January or February. Keep thinking it might be better to wait until March or April because the weather will be a bit less harsh. Who knows? Stay tuned for further details.

No comments: