Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Old Quarter On The Elbow Trick

Once again, I managed to make myself look like a total goofball in front of the boss. I was teaching my writing class tonight and realized that I had about 15 minutes left at the end of class. I had already covered everything that I had planned on...had to kill a few minutes before I could set the kids free. I found myself falling back on one of the few mildly entertaining things I know how to do. I stood up in front of the class and did the place a few coins on your elbow and grab them with the hand on the same arm trick. The kids dig it because it's fast and they never seem to be able to do it, makes me look cool in the eyes of 13 year olds...lol. Anyhow, much to my dismay, my boss happened to be looking in the window at the very moment I was performing this trick. I had no idea until the class began to break up and one of my students approached and informed me that Carol was gazing through the window....YIKES! I started to freak a little and decided to deal with the issue head on. I walked out into the hallway and asked Carol point-blank if I was in trouble. She giggled and said no! Phew, disaster averted! The kids got a kick out of me freaking out when I heard she had been watching...

Being a clown can be hard work...lol.

No comments: