Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Huff

What an amazing program! HBO has been showing the first season of "Huff" here. Impressive. The acting is as good as anything I have seen. I used to think the acting in "Six Feet Under" was tough to beat, this is better. I think it's easier to relate to the characters. Hank Azaria plays the main character, a psychiatrist. His character is compelling, far from perfect. His mother, played brilliantly by Blythe Danner, is awful. She makes me moan every time she speaks...great acting. The guy that sets the show apart is Oliver Platt. He plays one of most despicable characters ever and you can't help but love him. He is so smarmy it kills me! Easily one of the funniest characters in the history of TV. The writing is excellent because it exposes the flaws in the characters without turning them into caricatures. They deal with life's crap without making it sexy for the sake of TV. Great stuff. Check it out if you can.

No comments: