Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Malinda & Chinese Valentine's Day

I was talking with Malinda (yes, she spells it with an "a"), one of the Chinese teachers at work, yesterday and she mentioned that it was Chinese Valentine's Day. I had no idea. As the conversation progressed, we both had to admit that we didn't have a valentine. A rather sad state of affairs.

I have to admit that I have been attracted to Malinda for some time now and have been afraid to make my move because dating co-workers can be tough. The more I think about it the more I realize that I need to throw caution to the wind and give it a shot.

She is a great girl. Very sexy and has a killer smile. We always have fun in the office and seem to have a connection that goes beyond what I have with the rest of the teachers. I think we would have a blast given the chance to spend some time together outside of work. She is athletic. Perhaps she could get me back into playing more sports? I tell her all the time that I want to teach her how to play racquetball.

Taking her out is going to have to be done with great discretion. I think if I tell her that we will keep it a secret from the co-workers, she'll be more likely to agree. The last thing either one of us needs is to make this into a topic of conversation in the office. Taiwanese people love to gossip and I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. I simply think that the two of us can have a lot of fun together and break the monotony that seems to dominate both of our lives.

I'm gonna take the plunge this week and ask her out. Wish me luck people!

No comments: