Tuesday, May 30, 2006

PTA's & Cream Cheese

Next week I have a PTA for my Superwriters class. I've never done one before, so I am a little nervous. I have to show 17 sets of parents that I am enriching their children's lives...ugh. The concept seems a bit daunting, but I'm sure I'll be fine. My students are the best and I know I can rely on them to come through for me. The plan thus far is to have a bunch of them come to the front of the class and read their favorite compositions. Deciding on who gets to do this isn't going to be easy. The last thing I want is to slight any of the kids. The point of a PTA is to show the parents what their kids are doing and what they are paying for. The presentation has to make them feel like they are getting their money's worth. Wish me luck!

Is there anything more satisfying in life than a fresh bagel toasted and smothered in Philadelphia cream cheese? It's sublime. The cream cheese is a bit expensive here, but worth every dog-gone penny!!!!

No comments: