Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Big Nose & Far Too Much Hair

Christina thinks I have funny looking ears, Gary says my nose is way too big for my face, and Sarah can't stop trying to pull the hair on my arms. These are a few of the more interesting experiences I've had with the kids at my school. Each and every one of them is priceless. There is something so incredible/genuine about the interactions I have on a daily basis with the little rug-rats.

They have been running re-runs of the last season of "Lost" here. I have been eating it up, what a great show. The reason I've brought it up is because there was an interesting scene on one of the episodes recently. It took place between the older, balding guy and the young women who has the baby. Anyhow, they were talking and she asked him why he never gets angry. He replied with a line that went something like this: "because I am no longer lost". That line really struck a chord with me. WARNING WARNING!!!! I am about to get sappy here! I can't help but feel the same way. When people ask me about my work, I can't help but gush about how wonderful it is and how I feel that I have found my niche. As most of you know, men generally define themselves by the work they do, I'm no exception. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of little things that frustrate me regarding my job, but they all pale in comparison to the things that make me feel like a million bucks.

In case any of you feel compelled to send me something, here is my address:

#280-9th Floor-E
Nen Hua Road Section 1
Banchiao City
Taipei County, Taiwan 220

I would love a care package from anyone back home with stuff that's inherently American. i.e. Reese's Cups, Mother Jones Magazines, pictures of the family, cool t-shirts with an Akron/Cleveland/Ohio connection, etc. (hint, hint)

I'm in the process of trying to figure out if I can make a trip home sometime in the near-future. It's super-expensive and trying to determine the length of stay is tricky. I'm gonna do it either in July/August or October/November...we'll see.

No comments: