Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Head Cold & Baked Good Addiction

For the past week or so, I have been battling a cold. This wouldn't be a big deal except that I live in the land of the endless head-cold. I've heard horror stories of teachers with colds that last for a month or more. I'm doing everything I can to get over this thing. I've been gulping down 1000mg of Vitamin C every day and taking the mysterious medicine the doctor gave me. My job makes this fight even tougher because there always seems to be a bunch a kids sniffling and sneezing.

My Florida Bakery addiction is taking control of my life!...lol. I have spent no less than $NT600 (about $18 American) a week there for the past 5 or 6 weeks. By Taiwanese standards, that's a lot of money. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't make a trip there every Sunday. Their stuff rivals anything I've had back home. This past week I tried the garlic french bread, sheesh, I ate the entire loaf Sunday...I'm out of control! A steady diet of cinnamon/raisin bagels and killer rye bread hasn't hurt me yet.

No comments: