Friday, September 08, 2006

Free Time and Work Opportunities

Now that I am pretty comfortable at work, I think it's time to start looking for some supplemental income. I have most of my days free, I don't leave for work until about 2 o'clock. I might as well look into turning that free time into an opportunity to make some cash. There are side jobs available to foreigners. Many companies here publish their materials in Chinese & English, and they need someone to edit/proofread their stuff. All you have to do is walk down any street in Taipei and it becomes frightening clear that a lot more editing and proofreading is needed. I have never seen such butchery of the English language. It's under-the-table work and pays pretty well. I plan on doing a search this weekend for some work. I've been told that there are tons of flyers around town with jobs opps., we shall see.

No comments: