Saturday, October 15, 2005

Turning Up The Silly Meter

All is better in David's land. The last few days at work have been kinda hairy. I've been terribly stressed out since I bombed in front of my boss. Quick recap, my boss popped into my class a few days ago and I was a bumbling mess. Today, she decided to watch me again and I kicked butt. The class was great and she was very impressed, as was the Chinese teacher. The Chinese teacher said she was confident the kids had a great time and learned a lot while doing it...what a great feeling. These last few days have forced me to re-examine my methods/style. Essentially, I loosened up a lot and decided to turn up the silly meter.

The time is flying here. It's hard to believe I've been here for about 2 months! It feels more like 2 weeks.

I was sitting at my desk tonight and Cindy (the adorable little girl in the picture I posted last week) came up to me smiling ear-to-ear. She said hello and handed me the most incredible picture that she made for me. I couldn't believe it. Brent, her regular foriegn teacher, moaned and complained because she has never made a picture for him...I've apparently made an impression on the little one. It was yet another warm and fuzzy moment at my job. I can't imagine a more uplifting experience. I told Cindy that I would take the picture home and put in on my refrigerator, she thought that was too funny.

Welp, off to bed. I've got an early day tomorrow.

No comments: