Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Searching for Residency

I am going to get my residents visa tomorrow. It's kinda crazy to think that I am going to be an official resident of The Republic of China. Unfortunately, it costs about $5000 Taiwan Dollars (about $150 American), to be a resident. I guess that's life in the big city.

It looks like Kelly & I are going to resume our adventures this weekend. She has been pretty sick for the past few weeks. She indicated she wants to get something to eat Saturday night and perhaps visit one of the crazy night markets. We'll see.

The weather is beginning to change here, it's getting colder at night. When I say colder, I mean around 50 degrees...not THAT cold. As a result, I've developed a bit of a sore throat/plugged ear/swollen gland thing. You don't want to be teacher with a any kind of virus because kids are like little germ factories...it's tough to get better in that environment.

No luck on the apartment search. I'm being very choosey so it's gonna take a while. No biggee, I'm comfortable where I am.

No comments: