Thursday, February 02, 2006

Adios Taiwanmex

Thursday, February 2nd, the end of my time at the hostel. This place has been great. What an excellent way of integrating into a strange place...it sure makes the transition into another culture easier.

The folks who run the place (Margos & Raul) are incredible. I can't imagine what I would've done without them. They have helped me in countless ways. I like to think of them as extended family. This place is remarkable, runs like a well-oiled machine. They told me that room "D" will always be remembered as David's room...lol. Margos is an especially remarkable person, she has endless energy and she is probably the most selfless person I've ever met. I've been here for about 5 months and I can't think of a single moment when she wasn't smiling/laughing!
I'm going to have to develop a whole new groove. I've really settled in to this neighborhood, it's gonna be tough to start over. I've got a good feeling about this new place and the area around it, it looks like fun.

No comments: