Monday, February 06, 2006

Back On The Chain Gang

Back to work today. The big break is over. The holiday was pretty cool, lots of traditional Chinese stuff going on. The Chinese love their fireworks. For the past week I've had the pleasure of waking up to WWIII outside my window. Shop owners signify the opening of their stores/restaurants with a string of firecrackers each morning during the first week of the year...not the most relaxing sounds to wake up to.

I feel like I'm ready to embark on the second phase of my time here in Taipei. The new apartment/surroundings and additional responsibilities at work. Chris & Brent are leaving in about 6 weeks. I should find out in the next week or two what classes I am going to be teaching on my own...this means I will be the only teacher the students will have. Once students have reached a certain level, there is little need for them to have a Chinese teacher. The class then becomes the responsibility of folks like me. I will have to develop all of the lesson plans, tests, and arrange PTA meetings...yikes! The classes meet twice a week for two hours at a time, doesn't sound like a lot, but it's tough. I think I am up to the challenge.

I just watched the Super Bowl, congrats to all you Pittsburgh Steeler fans out there...ugh. The Browns day will come, patience is a virtue.

No comments: