Monday, May 07, 2007

Adventures with Catherine, Danshui & Bali (part 4)

We finally made our way back to Danshui and headed over to the night market. It's one of my favorite markets in the city. While heading that way, we ran across a few interesting sights. There was a great ceremony at one of the temples. The following is a set of pictures from the evening. We also did some shopping. I managed to complete my set of Snoopy 7/11 credit card holder thingies. A shop had all of the cards for sale and I bought them at a reasonable price. I also picked up a few silly things I can share with my students. I gladly bought Cath a cute little skirt that is going to look great on her. She reluctantly allowed me to pay for it because she knows I enjoy buying things for her.

The "Lucky Luck Company"...lol. I can't imagine a better name for a store.

The ceremony at the temple. The dragon was actually two young guys balancing on metal poles. They were acrobatic. Somehow they managed to jump from pole to pole in unison. The music was intense and the crowd was really into it.

Here they are in flight. If they miss their target, it'll be ugly.

I couldn't take my eyes off of them. A very impressive show.

Another great outing. Every time we come to the end of one of these trips we both can't imagine how we can top it. Yet, each and every trip has proven to be memorable and unique. Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned...

No comments: