Friday, December 15, 2006

PTA Tomorrow

The big day for my 1093 class is tomorrow. My chance to show off my skills in front of the student's parents. Needless to say, I'm nervous. I am confident that the kids will do fine. They are an incredible group. The bond that develops between a teacher and his/her students is very special. I regard these kids as an extension of myself in many ways. They are going to excel as long as I stay sharp. Their success is a matter of pride for me.

This group is awesome. All sixteen of them are unique and an important part of the group. Each one of them brings something special to the classroom. Sandra's intensity, Milton's desire to learn, and Sherry's silliness are priceless. Tomorrow's session is a milestone for the class and it's gonna be fun, I hope. The competitiveness within the group is intense. We just finished the 9th level. There was a total of 4800 total possible points. The top 4 students in the class were separated by just 13 points. It's great to see them comparing their test grades and trying to one-up each other, the excitement is cool.

Many thanks again to Shelley for the Reese's Cups. They have provided me with the extra boost I needed to get through the mountains of paperwork for the PTA.

No comments: