Monday, September 19, 2005

The Worlds Largest Bamboo Shoot

I finally made it over to Taipei 101. It's the tallest building in the world. Wow, it's mind-boggling!! The first 5 floors are a mall, the rest are offices. It has 101 functioning floors with office space. One of the most intimidating things I've ever encountered. It's so high they have a counter-balancing giant ball at the top to safe-guard it against earthquakes. When the Earth shakes, the ball keeps the building from leaning, I guess. I live about 4 miles from it, yet when you look at it from my balcony, it looks like it's down the street.

Anyhow, they have a wonderful store there that imports foods from all over. I picked up some peanut butter, jelly, townhouse crackers, kiwi fruit, and some other goodies...it's great to know I can get things I need there. It's not cheap, but worth it for the comfort food.

Work is rolling along nicely. It is getting easier to stand up in front of the kids. I've got a great group of folks there that support me. At first, I was pretty nervous. Now it feels like I've been doing it for years. There are a couple of little girls that have latched on to me. They are Cindy (2nd grade), and Christine (4th grade), they are in the same class because Cindy is exceptionally bright. In fact, they are in a class with children much older than them because they are great students. They make my days so much brighter. They hang around my desk and giggle all the time. They couldn't be any cuter.

Still not feeling 100%. I'm beginning to believe I may just have to live here with constant stomach discomfort. I took some Immodium the other day, that was a mistake. That drug is way too harsh. I'm going to make some adjustments to my diet this week, we'll see how it goes.

No comments: