Monday, September 05, 2005

Kelly

I had my first bout with shall we say "bathroom issues" today. It's probably because of all the mysterious food that I've been eating. Eating has been a constant struggle. I've managed to find a few great places. Looks like I may have to be a bit more careful in the future.

Yesterday I finally met up with Kelly. We first made contact via email while we were both still living in North America (she is Canadian). She just arrived in Taiwan after spending a few weeks in Europe. She is here to teach too. We had fun. She has a bubbly personality and is a cutie. Looks like I may have found a good partner for some adventures here.

I resume my teaching tomorrow. It's going great. The school is run very efficiently. I wasn't sure what was in store when I got here, it's exceeded my expectations. It looks like a good portion of my work is going to be with the newer/lower level kids. That's okay because the lesson plans for the lower levels are much simpler. It'll allow me to ease into the job.

I, as with most of you, am shocked at the situation down south. What a catastrophe. I hope they can get things back to some state of normalcy soon.

Of course the Indians (major league baseball team in Cleveland) are now playing better. I think my absence inspires them...lol Thankfully I can track them from here.

Still working on uploading pics...this computer is having issues.

No comments: