Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy 33rd Carrie!

My good friend and coworker, Carrie, is celebrating her birthday this week. Many of you know her from her excellent blog, My Several Worlds. She is a top-notch blogger, teacher and friend. We began teaching together about 18 months ago; her desk was next to mine in the office.

Our teaching styles are very different yet we have managed to learn quite a bit from each other. When you work side-by-side with someone, you get to know them pretty well. Carrie's commitment to her classes is admirable. Her ability to manage her time and maintain an organized game-plan are the work qualities that impress me most. I am sorely lacking in both those areas!...lol. Her kids dig her big time. She has quite a fan base throughout the school. She is also waaaaaaay better than me at managing office politics. Perhaps that is why I am persistently in the dog house with management? Carrie has managed to make it through the countless disagreements with the leadership unscathed...not me!

I am happy that our work relationship has translated into a friendship outside of the office. Catherine and I have had some wonderful times with Carrie and her soon-to-be husband, John. They are good people. This coming year is gonna be a big one for them and I wish them lots of luck.

Congratulations Carrie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,

You are so sweet. Thank you for such kind words. I'm really really glad we've stayed friends after you moved to the other office. I'd do anything to have you back in Shu-lin!

By the way, I love the photo widget on your blog. I'm entranced. I've missed out on tons of photos since November!

We missed you last night, but we also know it's not your thing. We hope we can get together with you and Catherine on another night.

David said...

hi carrie,

i am sure that we will see you soon. i was thinking it might be fun to have a double date at that great thai restaurant down the road from me.

the photo album thingy is cool. it saves people from having to endlessly click in order to see the photos.

take care,
david