Saturday, August 18, 2007

Typhoon Sepat


We are in the midst of a pretty intense storm right now. Typhoon Sepat hit us last night and continues to agitate the island, it's about 1 p.m. now.

I just came in from the balcony and it's pretty spooky outside. My neighbor's satellite dish is in pieces on the balcony along with an antennae from the roof. The wind gusts have been strong. The ceiling in my bathroom has been pulsating, yikes! Some paint chips from the ceiling in my bedroom came to rest on my computer. This is serious stuff. I believe the gusts have exceeded 100 mph.

Some of the local TV stations have been showing pictures from the coast, not where you want to be.

I think the worst of the storm has passed but the winds have not let up.

Dealing with earthquakes and the occasional typhoon is part of like on the pacific rim.

I am fine and will be going to Catherine's apartment later. She is moving into her new apartment this weekend, not good timing...

No comments: