Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hostels & Yard Work

Currently trying to work out a place to stay in Taipei, temporarily. There are several nice hostels that range from $9 to $20 per night. I will probably have to spend the first month or so at a hostel, so this decision is pretty important. Factors include cost, location, and security. I should have my mind made up in the next week. I've made an internet pal who just recently arrived in Taipei. His name is Henry and he is Canadian. Thankfully he is keeping in touch with me via email.

I've been immersed in yard work this past week so I haven't had much time to think about Taiwan. Starting to do some things and see some folks for the last time. It's a strange feeling uprooting oneself and beginning a new thing. Mixed emotions. Gonna miss everyone a lot but I am convinced that this is the path I should take. When you leave your family it's never easy. The detachment that comes from being so far away is something I am certain I'll struggle with. Knowing that I won't be part of the birthday/holiday celebrations sucks. Even more so I won't be able to help when traumatic stuff happens. Everyone here cheering me on helps keep those thoughts buried deep.

No comments: