Saturday, July 23, 2005

Mending Fences

I am building a fence today at my mom's house. These past few months I've been trying to get some things done at my mom's place. It's been a learning experience. Accomplishing things that I thought we beyond my abilities. I hope it's making mom happy and perhaps making it easier to sell the house in the future.

Just found out that we're going to be having lots of company in the near future. My sister Shelley and her kids are coming in about 2 weeks. Shelley is always fun to hang with and her kids are growing so fast. Rachel, her oldest, has always had an artistic streak in her, much like her father. Robbie is his mothers little boy, very caring. He seems to be very dedicated to mastering the piano...very exciting. The visit promises to be action-packed. Jeannie & Barry Zapol are coming into town at about the same time. They are family friends from waaaaaaay back...lol. I believe their friendship pre-dates my existence. It'll be great to see them. They moved to Colorado and we haven't seen them in about 10 years or more. I foresee hours of catching up in the near future.

Tried to do some preliminary packing last night...ugh. It never goes as well as you think it will. Not terribly stressed out yet. I've gotta narrow down the wardrobe. I've already minimized the non-clothes junk, time to buckle down and let some of those t-shirts go...

No comments: